If you’re hiring a business attorney for the first time, it can be hard to know where to start. Lawyers aren’t cheap, and they can be a major investment for your business. That’s why it’s important to make sure you’re hiring the right person for you. Here are four questions you should ask an attorney to find out if they’re the right fit for your business!
- What kinds of businesses do you work with? Are they comparable to mine?
- What do you specialize in?
- How do you bill?
- Do you have experience working with startups?
Once you’ve selected the right attorney, you’ll want to ask some seriously important questions to help move your business in the right direction. Here are some questions that will help you get the right answers from your lawyer.
- Is my business currently operating in a legal fashion?
- How should I properly select a name for my business?
- How can I and my business minimize risk?
- What business structure should I select?
These questions will help you not only find a lawyer, but also guide you in the right legal direction once you have one.